22LR Ballistics Chart for 27 Cartridges
By Chris Nelson
Our 22LR ammo ballistics chart provides the ballistic coefficient, muzzle energy, muzzle velocity, and bullet drop for 27 .22LR rimfire cartridges. Manufacturer Abbreviations: (C) = CCI; (H) = Hornady; (R) = Remington; (W) = Winchester.
Comparing CCI 22LR Stinger Ballistics with Remington Golden Bullet 22LR Ballistics:
- 22 LR Bullet Weight: A bullet's weight is measured in grains. The CCI Stinger Ammunition bullet weighs 32 grains, while the Remington Golden Bullet weighs 36 grains.
- 22 LR Ballistics Coefficient (BC): The ballistic coefficient indicates a bullet's drag factor. The CCI Stinger Ammo has a BC of .084, whereas the Remington Golden Bullet is at .125.
- 22 LR Muzzle Velocity: This refers to the bullet's speed as it exits the barrel. The CCI Stinger Ammo's velocity is 1,640 fps, while the Remington Golden Bullet's is 1,280 fps.
- 22 LR Muzzle Energy: Measured in foot-pounds, this indicates a bullet's potential for damage. While the CCI Stinger Ammo has a higher initial energy, the Remington Golden Bullet surpasses it at 200 yards.
- 22 LR Bullet Drop Chart: This illustrates the bullet drop comparison of various cartridges. For visuals, refer to the 22LR Bullet Trajectory Chart.
Now, try comparing the CCI 22LR with the Winchester 22LR ballistics. Share your findings at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For enhanced firearm performance, consider MCARBO Firearm Performance Accessories.
MCARBO's 22LR Ballistics Chart offers comprehensive technical data, including muzzle velocity and energy for popular cartridges like the CCI 22LR Stinger, Remington Golden Bullet, and Winchester 22LR.
So does having a higher FPS help when it comes to semi auto pistols and rifles? I find there are less FTF's and FTE's when I use at least 1255 FPS.
FPS and bullet weight (grains) work together to create the rearward force that drive the weapon's cycling. Higher FPS and/or a heavier projectile will make more force and give beter results.
how does barrel length affect bullet drop?