Savage 64 Trigger Spring KIT consists of 2 custom designed and manufactured springs:
- Double Torsion Sear Spring
- Coil Trigger Return Spring
The Savage 64 Trigger Spring Kit will reduce your trigger pull from a factory weight of 5.5 lbs to a modified weight of 3.75 lbs. This Kit is made of the highest quality spring steel available, right here in the USA. The Savage 64 Trigger Spring Kit will improve your accuracy and tighten your shot groups. Reduced malfunctions should be expected because the KIT springs are constructed of the highest quality spring steel ASTM A228 music wire.
Savage 64 Resources:
Use the following Savage 64 Resources to further enhance your firearm. Download the Savage 64 Owners Manual or use the Exploded View of the Savage 64 Parts Diagram to plan your next firearm project. Print or Download the Savage 64 Trigger Spring Kit Instructions by MCARBO.
100% Lifetime Guarantee:
The Savage 64 Trigger Spring Kit is protected by the MCARBO 100% Lifetime Guarantee. This means that at any time you can send it back and we will exchange it, issue a refund or assist you in any way possible.
Tested and Approved:
The Savage 64 Trigger Spring Kit has been tested with numerous brands of ammunition to ensure reliable operation and safety.
Veteran Owned and Operated Business:
American made gun parts designed and manufactured by Combat Veterans. We will donate 5% of your purchase to the Military Foundations we humbly support.
You must be 18 yrs of age to purchase. We advise that all parts purchased from our inventory be installed and inspected by a qualified gunsmith. Installation by MCARBO is available and recommended. Modifying your weapon may be prohibited in your state. Do not modify your sear or hammer engagement surfaces, with or without this Trigger Spring KIT. Before installing please be sure to check all local state and federal laws. By installing this part you agree to take full responsibility for any and all legal, health and warranty consequences that may be incurred.
Savage 64 Downloadable Resources
Savage 64 Trigger Spring Kit Instructions
1. Verify the rifle magazine and chamber are empty.
2. Leave the safety set on “fire”.
3. Remove two screws from under stock to release the barrel/mechanism.
4. Remove the three screws to release the trigger mechanism from the barrel.
5. Use a small screwdriver to push the C-clip off one side of the trigger pin.
6. Push pin out and lift out the sear and stock sear spring.
7. Drop in the kit sear spring coils. Install the pin just enough to go through one coil of the spring.
8. Move the sear into position and line up the holes to install the pin. It may be necessary to push the sear against the return spring to get the holes to line up. It may also be necessary to lift the sear a little through the hole to get the pin to go all the way through the sear and the coil on the opposite side. Be patient and do not force anything.
9. Re-install the C-clip.
10. Now for the return spring. Compress the stock return spring until it comes off the teeth and let it drop down and fall out. Unlike the stock return spring, the kit replacement spring can be installed in either orientation. Compress and install the kit return spring over the two teeth.
11. Apply a good quality gun or automotive grease to the locations that show wear.
12. Assemble the trigger mechanism to the barrel, and the barrel mechanism to the stock.
13. Cycle the action to cock the hammer. Load a snap cap or spent shell into the chamber.
14. Insert an
Empty magazine and Place the safety on “safe”. With the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, verify the hammer does not fall when you attempt to pull the trigger.
15. Place the safety on “fire”. With the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, pull the trigger and verify the hammer falls.
16. Your Savage is ready to be test fired. You should notice a reduced trigger force and associated accuracy improvement.
© MCARBO 2015
Q: Will this kit fit in the Lakefield 64B?
A: Yes, the parts designed for the Savage 64 will also work for the Lakefield 64B.
Q: Should I be concerned with any malfunctions or light strikes after installing this kit?
A: No, all of our MCARBO Trigger Spring Kits have been professionally engineered, designed and manufactured to reduce trigger pull while maintaining 100% reliability of the firearm. You will not experience any sort of light strike or malfunction but you will experience a crisp smooth lighter trigger pull. Guaranteed or your Money Back!
Q: I have a Savage 62/64 semi auto.. will this work for my gun or is there a different kit you sell for it?
A: This kit will work for both the Savage Steven's 62 and Savage 64. They are essentially the same gun. Savage makes both of them.
Q: Will this kit work on a left handed ejection Savage 64?
A: Yes it will work on the left handed ejection rifle.
Q: What other firearms will this trigger spring kit work in?
A: Cooey 64, Winchester-Cooey Model 64B, Savage 954 and the Lakefield 64B
MCARBO 100% Lifetime Guarantee - This means that at any time you can send it back and we will exchange it, issue a refund or assist you in any way possible.
ATTENTION: We advise that all parts purchased from our inventory be installed and inspected by a qualified gunsmith. Modifying your weapon my be prohibited in your state. Before installing please be sure to check all local state and federal laws. By installing this part you agree to take full responsibility for any and all legal, health and warranty consequences that my be incurred.
Overall Customer Rating of 36 Reviews: